Community OutReach Events that Frontline C.A.R.E. has either participated in or Sponsored.
Adopt A Family Gift Distribution
Last December, Frontline C.A.R.E. participated in Adopt-a-Family for the holidays. We were able to sponsor two families, and provide them with all the needs and wants on their wish list, as well, as provide fellowship with the families. This year, we will move forward in the holiday season by donating and fulfilling those same needs and wants for new families. If you would like to nominate a family in need, please send in a short explanation regarding their story and needs to email@example.com and leave your contact, along with the family's contact information. December 24, 2011
Ridgemont Prayer Walk
Frontline C.A.R.E. Director, Carlos Jones, II and Mark Jackson, President of Watch DOGS (Dads of Great Students) teamed up and organized a Prayer Walk to stand along side the administrators, teachers, staff and students under the leadership of Lita Skinner, Principal of Ridgemont Elementary School in Houston, Texas of Fort Bend I.S.D. These leaders along with members of the Frontline C.A.R.E. organization, other teachers, administrators, family members of the administrators and community supporters joined and walked throughout the school inside and outside and prayed for an hour. Prayer focus was for the following: teachers to be able to effectively teach, concentrate, and manage; prayer for the work that is done on a daily basis; for the students from all walks of life and the concerns they have; for financial resources; for the facility; and for all the resources that the principal and her administration needs to be able to do their work with effectiveness less the concerns that distract them daily. Click here for photos of the event. November 5, 2011
Family Fall Frenzy
The organization experienced a very successful outcome on Saturday, October 29, 2011 at the Family Fall Frenzy. Frontline C.A.R.E. partnered with Keey 4 Kommunities, Inc. and hosted family fun frenzy event as a substitute to a Halloween event. The two organizations partnered with Dominion Academy where they served the families of the Northwest Houston communities. Both organizations Frontline C.A.R.E. and Keey 4 Kommunities, Inc. are both non-profit organizations that focus on families. Those who participated in the event found something that children, teens and parents could participate in and enjoy. There were around 300 that participated in this event. Sparkle Jones of Frontline C.A.R.E. and Wykesha Hayes of Keey 4 Kommunities,Inc. were the organizers of this event. Click here for photos of the event.October 29, 2011
School Supply Donations
- Frontline C.A.R.E. worked with Ridgemont Elementary School of Missouri City in
Fort Bend and provided school supplies for 81 students. The organization
partnered with area retail store managers and a district manager who graciously
either donated or sold items at very little cost to make it possible for the
students to have the supplies they needed. Frontline is very thankful and
publicly acknowledge the following:
- WendyFilla, the District Manager of the Houston Area Office Max Stores for donating items from all the stores in her district and her store manager Mario Soliz, of the Office Max in the Fountains, who coordinated all the supplies to his store location for our pickup.
- Rhonda, a Store Manager at Walmart at 5501 Hwy 6, in Missouri City assisted with composition books via a price match to ensure there were enough for each student.
- Craig, Store Manager at the Staples store in Sharpstown assisted with extending sale items in amounts over the limit, at discounted prices.
- Texas Children Hospital provided 7 backpacks with supplies
- Jennifer, Store Manager at Office Depot in Pearland assisted with items a a very low cost and extended extra amounts so that there would be enough for all students.
- Marcie, Store Manager at the Office Depot in Sugarland assisted with 50 backpacks, with some supplies included.
- Frontline C.A.R.E. provided the additional paper and backpacks to ensure every student would have what they needed for a productive start in their classes. Frontline's goal was to assist students so that their ability to learn would not be inhibited due to a lack of supplies. Other students outside of the Ridgemont school were also beneficiaries of school supplies. Our goal for this project was met. Many thanks again to all who made our School Supply Drive a reality!!! Photos of the event. August 2011
Community Trash Pick-Up
On Saturday, June 11, 2011, FrontLine C.A.R.E. participated in a trash pick-up community service event in Missouri City. They walked along Independence and W. Fuqua and picked up trash during the morning hours. Frontline worked with the City Officials to establish this event. Team members of Frontline were in full participation. Photos here. June 11, 2011
Family Fun Day In The Park
Frontline C.A.R.E.'s first annual Family Fun Day in the Park. Our first organizational event that consisted of a picnic at the Hunter's Glen Park in Missouri City, Texas. This was an opportunity to introduce ourselves, Frontline C.A.R.E. in effort to become a partner to this community. Photos here. .April 12, 2011
Mentoring - Tie Tying at Marshall High School
Some of the men from Frontline C.A.R.E. serve as mentors to some of the high school young men at Marshall High School. On one of the mentoring days the young men learned how to tie ties. March 2011 See photos